SAUDI ARABIA TRAFFIC PENALTIES LIST -2018 (Updated)
Penalty: SR 100
Parking a motor vehicle in a restricted place or for parking in an unauthorized manner.
Penalty: SR 150
Nonwearing of seatbelt
Penalty: SR1,000 – SR2,000 fine
- Stopping on railway track
- Carrying passengers exceeding the permitted number in the vehicle registration card (istimara)
- Refusing to show driving license or istimara (when asked by authorities)
- Not displaying number plate of vehicle
- Failure to wear helmet by motor cyclists
- Seizing driving license or Istimara of another person or giving it on mortgage.
Check Your Traffic Violation Online
Penalty: SR3,000 – SR6,000 fine and vehicle seizure
- JUMPING RED SIGNAL
- Using illegal number plates or number plate of other vehicles
- Fitting accessories that are permitted only for official vehicles or emergency vehicles
- Overtaking school buses while they pick up or drop off children
- Tampering road signs, reflectors and poles
- Refusing to stop at checkpoints or when security patrols ask for it
- Displaying logos or stickers that are against pubic etiquette.
Penalty: SR5,000-SR10,000 fine and vehicle seizure
- Obliterating or attempt to obliterate special features of a vehicle
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Carrying out any activities on the road without prior coordination (with the concerned authorities).
Penalty: SR10,000 fine and/or 3-month jail
- Failure of a motorist involved in an accident to stop at the scene and failure to take the initiative to inform the competent department and provide possible assistance to those injured in the accident.