Saudi Arabia has issued tough new punishments for traffic violations. According to Saudi Gazette report ,here are the newly announced traffic violations and penalties.
Penalty ranging from SR 100 to SR 150 for below violations
- Leaving a vehicle with its engine running
- Not possessing insurance
- Crossing roads in areas unspecified for pedestrians
- Failing to give way to pedestrians at crossings.
Penalty ranging from SR 100 to SR 300 for below violations
- For not using indicators while changing lanes
- Reverse the vehicle more than 20 m on main roads
- Not holding a licence
- Excessive use of their car horn
- Not taking vehicle for maintenance
- Not wearing a seat belt
- Failing to leave sufficient distance between vehicles
- Crowding at the scene of accidents.
Penalty ranging from SR 300 to SR 500 for below violations
- Not focusing on driving
- Holding an expired licence
- Not using a child seat
Penalty ranging from SR 500 to SR 900 for below violations
- Following emergency vehicles using a siren
- Not stopping at traffic signals
- Writing slogans or putting stickers on cars
- Tinting windows beyond specified limits
Penalty ranging from SR 1,000 to SR 2,000 for below violations
- Not having a number plate or using a damaged late
- Carrying more passengers than specified in the registration
- Not using lights when driving at night and gathering at joy riding areas
Penalty ranging from SR 3,000 to SR 6,000 for below violations
- Skipping a traffic signal
- Overtaking buses when students are disembarking and driving on the wrong side of the road
Penalty ranging from SR 5,000 to SR 10,000 for below violations
- For Driving using another car’s number plate or erasing or concealing the number plate.